Seven Games Developed for Use in Higher Education
Win Awards in Serious Play Competition
LOS ANGELES – June 27, 2019 – Seven serious games designed for use in higher education have been cited for excellence in the 2019 International Serious Play Award Program.
Gold Medals were awarded to:
- Chair the Fed, a monetary policy game to develop players’ understanding of the role of monetary policy in growing a healthy economy created for Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- IT Management Simulation: Cyber Attack!, teaches students key management issues encountered when responding to an IT crisis in real time. Developed by Harvard Business Publishing in partnership with Forio Online Simulations
- Jack the Riddler, a game to facilitate English dialogue between foreign students created by Ahoot Media in collaboration with Viden Djurs, Denmark
- Malaria Invasion, a health care game that educates university students of the molecular mechanisms used by the malaria parasite to infect red blood cells, after the mosquito bite and the parasite Plasmodium enters the bloodstream, created by Drexel University’s Institute for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Disease
- The Phoenix Student Success Game, a student support and intervention tool to stem college freshman drop-out rates developed byI. Games for Ball State University
Silver Medal status went to:
- Mol Chemistry, a game that seeks to answer the unmet need for effective resources in organic chemistry and to optimize user experience by keeping student actively engaged from Substrate Games
Bronze Medal recognition went to:
- myVRScope, a software solution, using AI and VR, that not only mitigates the lack of enough lab equipment for all to use, but provides an effective learning experience for on-campus and online learners alike. Created for Adtalem Global Education by the Immersive Learning Experience Team
Winners will be given a chance to attend this summer’s Serious Play Conference Events and display their games. This year conferences will be held at the University of Central Florida (UCF) July 24-26, 2019 and the University of Quebec at Montreal (UQAM) July 10-12.
For more information, go to www.seriousplay-montreal.com and to www.seriousplay-ucf.com.
Media Contact: Sue Bohle
310 721 9083